Lots of people hate muscle volume but nobody muscle definition! Chris
Muscle definition can more than anything else highlight a well trained body and impart to it a sexy aura!
It’s absolutely true,though,that many fitness enthusiasts cannot achieve this mostly desired ripped look despite their really hard efforts.
Mind you,muscle definition is principally a matter of sound nutrition than strenuous physical exercise.
We say that we have muscle definition when our muscles are well discernible under our subcutaneous fat.
So it’s more than obvious that our body fat percentage is the critical parameter for muscle definition.
Men start to see some definition when their body fat percentage falls under 12%.Many bodybuilders can achieve during their cutting phase percentages as low as 4-5%!
I don’t know about you but I really hate the dryness of my face when I fall under 10%
But is low fat percentage the only prerequisite for muscle definition?
Certainly not otherwise some skinny people would be impessively defined.
Muscle mass is furthermore needed otherwise there nothing there to see!
Now we can fill the muscle definition equation:
muscle definition=muscle mass+low body fat percentage
Muscle mass development
The most efficient and effective way to develop muscle mass is by the use of free weights.
The biggest mistake of fitness amateurs is that they don’t challenge their muscles enough!
Muscle hypertrophy demands getting out of our limits! Though, most people lose their precious time with 5kg dumbbells and then they wonder why they see no progression!
Of course you know the myth about achieving muscle definition via many repetitions. Allow me to observe that this is mere nonsense and urge you to make full exploitation of your valuable time by adequately taxing your muscles. Just remember the muscle definition equation!
So what to do?
- Choose weights that can properly tax your muscles
Repetitions should be in the region of 6-8.Increasing muscle mass needs hard effort and demands exceeding our limits!
Throw away the 5kg dumbbells which devour your most valuable resource and grab some decent stuff!
- Exercise at least 3 times/week with total body workouts.Leave split workouts for the bodybuilders.Try to involve the biggest muscle groups.Perform only compound,multi functional exercises.
- Minimize or completely eliminate the breaks trying thus to impart an aerobic character to your workouts and achieve maximum fat loss.
- Perform strenuous workouts but don’t omit to allow ample recovery time to avoid the very existent danger of overtraining!
I know many fitness enthusiasts that have fallen victims to overtraining.So much effort in vain! It’s a pity! With weight training more in not better!
Let’s go now to fat reduction
Ceasar’s wife should be honest and look honest!!
Ok! We have developed an impressive musculature .Though, it is not well discernible.Why?
Because our fat percentage won’t permit it.Our muscles are hidden under a layer of subcutaneous fat.
You should do two things to reduce your body fat percentage:
- aerobic exercise
- adopt a sound nutritional plan
Nutrition is the most critical parameter for fat loss!
Properly done, an aerobic activity of medium to high intensity will help you shed a lot of fat and it will achieve this relatively quickly.
I know people with single digit body fat who will never involve in aerobics! But they are monsters of self-discipline!They are the exceptions!
Let’s see what our options are :
- If you are really fit and your schedule is hectic, HIIT is unbeatable!
Please check my articles:”The best outdoor workout ever” and “The the most effective workout ever”
- Another option is to run for 30-45′ at about the 80% of your MHR, just below your anaerobc threshold.If you have the stamina to do this you will shed tons of fat!!
Personally, I would never underestimate the aerobic part of the fat loss equation.I consider this of vital importance!
When your workout includes both resistance training and aerobics,do execute them with this order.
You will need your maximum strength and endurance for your weights session.
As far as it regards muscle definition ,a sound nutritional plan is considered to be an absolute must.
You may exercise 1hour/day but there are another 161 hours/week that you don’t !!
Put it simply:all your hard efforts will go in vain if you don’t make right nutrition a top priority!
You will never see your fetish abs!
Please check my articles on nutrition:”Fitness and nutrition:the big picture ”
Essential parameters of nutrition
- If you aim at fat loss you will have to create a slight caloric deficit:burn more calories that those you consume
- While you are trying to achieve definition you will will have to exclude any type of junk food.
Give great emphasis to high quality protein. Every meal should contain a source of premium quality protein.
- You will have to reduce starchy carbs and fruits in favor of vegetables. Eat vegetables at your will. Include them in every meal.
- Only 15% of your caloric intake should come from fats.First choices: omega-3 and monounsaturated fats.
To achieve the most coveted muscle definition you will need:
- a taxing strength training program
- to increase and intensify the aerobic part of your training regime
- and the most important:to follow an impeccable nutrition plan Chris Strogilis http://totalfitness-christos.blogspot.com
Source by Chris Strogilis